Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral virtue, and in your moral virtue,
knowledge ;
1Peter:5

Friday, May 11, 2012

wHY ThIs sTUdY ***

I decided to start this way of studying because I prayed for a way to remember what I was studying and reading. I would study a book of the bible and only finish my study when I thought that I could remember what was in that book. Well, it wasn't long after I started a study on another book that I would realize that I had forgotten most of what I had read in the previous book. 
I also didn't like the fact that I knew a lot of information from the bible but I didn't always know where to find the subjects or verses that were being discussed. I really wanted to be able to quickly turn to passages without spending a lot of time flipping to find stuff. (if you know what I mean).
Anyway, this is the way the Lord lead me to study and remember His word. It works for my brain. I hope that it will work for yours too.
We will not be memorizing verses. We will be using "memory tools" to remember subjects, topics, and passages in the bible.

For example, Matthew chapter 4... Think FAST.. FAST has 4 letters, Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, he also chose 4 apostles in Chapter 4, PETER, ANDREW, JAMES AND JOHN.

OF course this takes practice, and the other important piece is to READ, READ, READ the chapter you are studying over and over again. Then use your memory tool to remember it. I will be providing a memory tool for every chapter but you may start develop your own memory tools as the Holy Spirit brings to mind the things that God wants you to remember.

This method has been wonderful for me. I actually started with the book of John and can now tell you something from every chapter in that book. That study will come later, for now we are working on Matthew.

Pray, pray, pray and practice. Practice as you are falling asleep at night. Practice as you wait at a stop light. Practice as you wait in line at the grocery store. Practice any time you have to wait. Turn that time into God's time.
I hope that this turns into a wonderful journey for you as you go through God's word. I will be praying for all of you.
God Bless
Love
Nancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment